Please carefully review all information below in order to follow instructions for submitting your initial grant request to the Foundation.
Review the Grant Guidelines and Funding Priorities on our website.
Initial grant requests (aka, Letters of Inquiry/LOI) are accepted during the following times and according to the primary focus area of the grant request:
September 1 – September 30
December 15 – January 15
April 15 – May 15
Current grantees are eligible to apply for renewed funding each year according to the above cycles.
Receipt of all requests will be acknowledged via email within 2 weeks to the primary contact person indicated for the request. If an email is not received within 2 weeks of submitting a request, please send a follow-up email.
Each applicant will be notified regarding the status of their request within one to three months after it is received.
PLEASE SUBMIT A – E (BELOW) to Rachel Roth, Program Officer, at email@example.com.
ALL DOCUMENTS, INCLUDING ATTACHMENTS, MUST BE SUBMITTED IN PDF FORMAT. PLEASE DO NOT SUBMIT A SCANNED COPY
- A. Download and complete the online grant request form (see link and important note below). Please stay within the allotted/visual space on the form. Please do not alter the formatting of the form, do not submit a scanned copy of the form, or convert the form to another file form such as Word.
- B. Narrative:
1. A description of the programs and services (activities) of the organization, including the specific program requested, if applicable. Be sure to address why there is a need for services, what services you provide, who receives services (including numbers served, age range(s) and demographics), where is the geographic region(s) and communities served (please be specific) and when (how often) do you provide services. If you provide services at schools, be sure to tell us which schools. (Maximum of 1 page)
2. Please state the impact/outcomes/results for the organization’s programs and services and for the specific program or project (if applicable). Refer to the Glossary of Terms link below. (Maximum 1/2 page)
3. Please describe the organization’s methods for evaluating your programs and services, as well as the program or project (if applicable). What type of data do you collect and what do you do with that data? (Maximum 1/2 page)
- C. A detailed budget for the organization for the current fiscal year. (Budget should reflect BOTH revenue and expenses for the organization.) (Maximum 2 pages)
- D. A project budget (if applicable to the request) for the current fiscal year. (This should reflect the budget for the whole program or project. You may also include a separate column to show how Crail-Johnson Foundation funding would be used.)(Maximum 2 pages)
- E. A list of the top five employees for the organization, including name title, and total compensation for each employee (salary and benefits) and average weekly hours worked.
Organizations selected to submit full proposals will be invited to complete a full Grant Application, provided by The Foundation.
The Foundation holds three grantmaking meetings each year: in March (Education), June (Human Services), and November (Health). All final funding decisions are made at those meetings.
NOTE: DO NOT use the “Email Form” button to send as it is linked to an incorrect address. Please email the form and all required information to firstname.lastname@example.org. In addition, when you click on the link below, the form will either open in a new browser window or download. Before filling in any information on the form, please File – Save As – PDF to your computer. Then close the browser and open the saved file.
Skipping this step may result in a blank document.
Please do not send unsolicited proposals with extensive attachments, videotapes and/or disks, or other supplemental information unless requested.